• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 manoj r

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:24 AM

Can any one tell me what the average size of the dog should be?? I have a male 4 month old pup.. he is about 25 inches tall and around 40 lbs... i am guessing that his height is a little more than normal as his mother was also a big dog (Lab & Great Dane mix)...

Attached Files

#2 lelo

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC,, CARS,,, ANIMALS,,,SNOOKER,,,GAA AND LOTS

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:08 AM

Can any one tell me what the average size of the dog should be?? I have a male 4 month old pup.. he is about 25 inches tall and around 40 lbs... i am guessing that his height is a little more than normal as his mother was also a big dog (Lab & Great Dane mix)...

Hi there, I'm not sure what there average height and weight should be,, im would imagine there weight would have to be a according to there height. i have a 5 month old pure breed black lab he is around 18 inchs tall now and very bulky, im not sure of his exact weight he hasnt been weight in a month but he is very stocky but not fat. i think once they are not fat and are healthy they should be fine but im not an expert at all, maybe somebody else might have more knowledge on this for you major
:)

#3 tcdirt

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Good Afternoon,
i am owned by a 16 month old (english) lab and she too was 40 pounds after 4 months. fortunately this "10 pounds for every month of life" formula didnt continue indefinitely, she has now leveled off at 80 pounds and is very active. i will say that at her last vet visit they told me to try and keep her where she is now weight wise, so as to reduce the risk of future hip/joint problems.
have a nice day.
-todd

#4 Teix

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Excursions, my pets, reading, cinema, children

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

Teix, our black lab, is almost 5 mo and he weights 44lbs more or less (20kg). He's pure breed, supposed to be an English lab, but the vet told us he's going to weight 40-45kg (88lbs-99lbs) as an adult!

#5 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Your dog will probably end up being around 90-110 lbs due to the Great Dane in his background. He will probably look like a really large lab. Labs are stockier than Great Danes are, so that will effect his weight.

Do you have a photo of him that we could see?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users