• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Doofie

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

Attached File  riley1.jpg   85.6K   43 downloadsAttached File  DSC_2880a.jpg   318.26K   42 downloadsI was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between an American Lab and a English Lab. I am trying to figure out what kind my Lab is.This a couple of pictures of him. Any help would greatly appriciated.

#2 kaibei

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

from the pic, i would say is American type since English type , their head is much broader and the snout is shorter, also their leg shorter too, i might be wrong, if so, pls correct me! :)

At first i thought mine was English type since he has a big head, but the more he grow, the taller he is, and often ppl said he is American type, cuz English type is shorter. :)

#3 mike mc m

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

there are two types of labs either field stock/hunting dogs.or bench/ show dogs. you can have english field / bench. or american field/bench.http://en.wikipedia....rador_Retriever answer to question i would say field dog

#4 Mack71

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Attached File  riley1.jpg   85.6K   43 downloadsAttached File  DSC_2880a.jpg   318.26K   42 downloadsI was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between an American Lab and a English Lab. I am trying to figure out what kind my Lab is.This a couple of pictures of him. Any help would greatly appriciated.

Appears to be more of the "field" or "American"...although lots have some of each in them. Nice looking dog nonetheless.

#5 Perry's Mom

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:Warm sunny days at the beach, Cooking, Gardening (poor plants-I have a black thumb to go w/my black lab), being with friends & sharing a good meal and a good bottle of wine...

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

If he drinks tea he is an English Lab. If he drinks coffee he's an American Lab... :D

#6 mike hall

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My dog, my fiance (not in any particular order), holidaying

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

You can normally tell by their accent when they bark. Otherwise check their wallet, if its full of US$ then he's probably American!!!!

#7 Poppysmum

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Training and dog agility for enjoyment. Anything lab. related!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

Does he expect a party at thankgiving...if so he's American.
What if there is no such thing as PMS and it's just me !!!!

#8 black_knight

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

Just by looking the first photo I would say he is a "Field". Here is a link that gives you a pretty good idea of what you are looking for. http://www.woodhaven...h-american.html, it explains in detail of both English and Field. Our first lab was a American/English line but showed many of the English characteristics. Jed is a full Field line, he is a much bigger dog than our previous Lab. Hope this info was helpful.
Eileen & Jed

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. Itís the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#9 mike mc m

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

sorry the lab is canadian and he drinks tim hotons coffee and has canadian dollars in his pocket valued more than american now .sorry lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users