• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Doofie

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

Attached File  riley1.jpg   85.6K   43 downloadsAttached File  DSC_2880a.jpg   318.26K   42 downloadsI was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between an American Lab and a English Lab. I am trying to figure out what kind my Lab is.This a couple of pictures of him. Any help would greatly appriciated.

#2 kaibei

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

from the pic, i would say is American type since English type , their head is much broader and the snout is shorter, also their leg shorter too, i might be wrong, if so, pls correct me! :)

At first i thought mine was English type since he has a big head, but the more he grow, the taller he is, and often ppl said he is American type, cuz English type is shorter. :)

#3 mike mc m

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

there are two types of labs either field stock/hunting dogs.or bench/ show dogs. you can have english field / bench. or american field/bench.http://en.wikipedia....rador_Retriever answer to question i would say field dog

#4 Mack71

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Attached File  riley1.jpg   85.6K   43 downloadsAttached File  DSC_2880a.jpg   318.26K   42 downloadsI was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between an American Lab and a English Lab. I am trying to figure out what kind my Lab is.This a couple of pictures of him. Any help would greatly appriciated.

Appears to be more of the "field" or "American"...although lots have some of each in them. Nice looking dog nonetheless.

#5 Perry's Mom

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:Warm sunny days at the beach, Cooking, Gardening (poor plants-I have a black thumb to go w/my black lab), being with friends & sharing a good meal and a good bottle of wine...

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

If he drinks tea he is an English Lab. If he drinks coffee he's an American Lab... :D

#6 mike hall

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:My dog, my fiance (not in any particular order), holidaying

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

You can normally tell by their accent when they bark. Otherwise check their wallet, if its full of US$ then he's probably American!!!!

#7 Poppysmum

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Training and dog agility for enjoyment. Anything lab. related!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

Does he expect a party at thankgiving...if so he's American.
What if there is no such thing as PMS and it's just me !!!!

#8 black_knight

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

Just by looking the first photo I would say he is a "Field". Here is a link that gives you a pretty good idea of what you are looking for. http://www.woodhaven...h-american.html, it explains in detail of both English and Field. Our first lab was a American/English line but showed many of the English characteristics. Jed is a full Field line, he is a much bigger dog than our previous Lab. Hope this info was helpful.

#9 mike mc m

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

sorry the lab is canadian and he drinks tim hotons coffee and has canadian dollars in his pocket valued more than american now .sorry lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users