• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 puckaluck

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

We have a 6 year old female black lab named Puck who in the past year has started sniffing and snorting. This summer we just thought she had summer allergy's but the sniffing has carried well into the winter time. She seems healthy otherwise. Has anyone had a similar problem with their dog and did you find any solutions.

She is making us all nuts and I am sure that she Is tired of having pillows thrown at her at night smile.gif

Carter

#2 Pamspuppy

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (puckaluck @ Feb 2 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have a 6 year old female black lab named Puck who in the past year has started sniffing and snorting. This summer we just thought she had summer allergy's but the sniffing has carried well into the winter time. She seems healthy otherwise. Has anyone had a similar problem with their dog and did you find any solutions.

She is making us all nuts and I am sure that she Is tired of having pillows thrown at her at night smile.gif

Carter

Our dog Shadow used to snort like a pig! Several vets said they never heard anything like it! One said they thought it was inverted sneezing, but then
said no since it happened all day on and off, sometimes 15 times in a minute! It really sounded as if we owned a pig! It seemed as if it just started up
one day, and a few months later she just stopped. She has never done it again. She does do some weird sniffing sounds sometimes, but not nearly
as often as the snorting went on. She was only a few months old when it started. She is now close to 2 years old and it hasn't happened for a long
time. Maybe Puck's will go away, too, in time. (one vet said it got to be a habit with Shadow and said it would probably stop, and he was right).

I hope her snorting stops soon so you can sleep easy! rolleyes.gif

Pam

#3 Doug and Mary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs and a wish for world peace.

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

Has she been checked for nasal Polyps?
Doug & Mary
THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS, ONLY BAD PEOPLE

#4 Vipered

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

Doug and Mary, I was going to say the same thing. My grandparents have a jack russell that does the same thing. Come to find out, the dog has nasal polyps and if removed they just grow back!
Proud Owner of A Black Lab named Toby, a Black Lab Mix named Noel, and a Plott Hound named Daisy!!!

Why have children when you can have dogs?

#5 Doug and Mary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs and a wish for world peace.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Depends on the treatment, if cut out they return, if Lasered so the root is eradicated they dont return.

Doug & Mary
THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS, ONLY BAD PEOPLE

#6 Vipered

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

Didn't know that (laser) will pass the info on to my grandparents. Maybe they can get their dog some refief!
Proud Owner of A Black Lab named Toby, a Black Lab Mix named Noel, and a Plott Hound named Daisy!!!

Why have children when you can have dogs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users