Eye infection?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 labluver94

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Walking, birding (very novice!), reading, and spending time with my furkids and human kids!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

My 14yo lab has had some issues with one eye. There is a small growth that causes minor irritation and the vet gave us eye drops to use as needed (redness). This morning I notice light green discharge from his eye. I used the drops we got, but is this a sign of infection?

He has also was shaking his head last night - a lot! So I cleaned his ears, though I think one ear may be infected. He has not had an ear infection in years - he used to get them in his younger - summer swimming days.

#2 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (labluver94 @ Aug 8 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My 14yo lab has had some issues with one eye. There is a small growth that causes minor irritation and the vet gave us eye drops to use as needed (redness). This morning I notice light green discharge from his eye. I used the drops we got, but is this a sign of infection?

He has also was shaking his head last night - a lot! So I cleaned his ears, though I think one ear may be infected. He has not had an ear infection in years - he used to get them in his younger - summer swimming days.

Labs are rather susceptable to eye infections and such. I would take your dog immediately to the vet and have him look at the ears and eyes. I prevent ear infections by always drying their ears after bathing.

#3 ValerieB

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

my puppy had the same thing. it was only a little discharge coming from one eye and eventually it was both eyes with more discharge. Once i took my dog to the vet, he said my dog had allergies and it was causing his eyes to become irritated. Before that he had a small ear infection because our dog would stick his head in the baby pool over the summer to cool off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users