• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MicahB

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

My lab loves to swim, and he gets to do so often. He's not in bad shape, he's not really overweight and he gets alot of exercise. But when he is retrieving from the water he makes a whistling sound as he breathes. Has anyone ever experienced this? Should i be concerned or is it just a funny thing he does? Any ideas\advice would be greatly appriciated.

#2 BarkingDogs

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:My dogs! Blogging about my dogs! Thrifting and Yard Sales! and Blogging about Thrifting and Yard Sales!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (MicahB @ May 9 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My lab loves to swim, and he gets to do so often. He's not in bad shape, he's not really overweight and he gets alot of exercise. But when he is retrieving from the water he makes a whistling sound as he breathes. Has anyone ever experienced this? Should i be concerned or is it just a funny thing he does? Any ideas\advice would be greatly appriciated.

Hi. I have two labs and one loves to swim. From time-to-time, she makes the same kind of wheezing/huffing sound when she's swimming. I think its because she is swimming with her mouth open. I asked the vet about it years ago and he looked at me kind of strange and said "don't worry about it."

I would definitely like to hear what others have to say, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users