• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Dayne&Katie

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

This topic might have gone over before, but I haven't been on for awhile. Our lab Midnight, who is now a little over 8 months old, weighs a lot! He's not overweight, I asked the vet, but is real stocky. i'm pretty sure he's the English breed. He now weighs 100 pounds. Everyone who sees him can't believe how big he is and or trainer says he's got one more growth spurt. How big can labs get? Anyone else have a 'husky" but healthy lab/

#2 violent_storm2000

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:47 AM

It depends.

We had a papered male black lab when I was younger that had a hormone problem and ended up being about 180 lbs and could look my dad in the eyes when he stood on his hind legs.

Ive had and seen pups that grew like yours, and others that never got over 70 pounds.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."

Posted Image

#3 ian

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:I'm a staff nurse. I assist in the training and re homing of dogs.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

Bailey is 33kg, he has been on a diet, he did get to 37kg. we swapped hid food to Nature Diet and the weight dropped off him.
If it looks like it works and it feels like it works
Then it works

Mans best friend

#4 Buddy Boo

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:48 PM

This topic might have gone over before, but I haven't been on for awhile. Our lab Midnight, who is now a little over 8 months old, weighs a lot! He's not overweight, I asked the vet, but is real stocky. i'm pretty sure he's the English breed. He now weighs 100 pounds. Everyone who sees him can't believe how big he is and or trainer says he's got one more growth spurt. How big can labs get? Anyone else have a 'husky" but healthy lab/

Our lab Buddy is about to turn three. He weighs 114 and has been at that weight for a long time. The vet said he is not overweight just a big dog.......but vet did say he could stand to lose about 4 pounds. Most people that we meet say that he is the biggest lab they have ever seen....... i think you are going to have a very big lab as well.

#5 marymary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, swimming, boating

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

We have 4 Black Labs ! Their all around 85 pounds each...however, they seem to be getting bigger the older they get............ :o :o :o

#6 Doug and Mary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs and a wish for world peace.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

We keep Jasmine around the 33/34kg mark, after she was speyed she started to increase weight went up to 40+kg at one stage, we changed her diet and exercise programme now her weight is more or less what it should be.

Doug & Mary
THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS, ONLY BAD PEOPLE

#7 Scoobyboo

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:My black lab, gardening especially growing my own fruit and veg, keeping tropical fish, driving my scooby (subaru impreza), researching my family history and just spending time with family and friends because life is all too short!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:41 AM

Sweep is a UK field(working type) lab, and she weighs in at 31 kg at just over a year old which is approx 69 lbs.

#8 Casa Rosie

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Gardens, cats, dogs, being outside, cooking, knitting, building stuff.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Rosie's 1 1/2 and weighs 65 lbs.

#9 Erinetchka

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Books, food, the big blue sky and my new pooch, of course!

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

Stromie is about 2 years old and weighs in at a nice 64 lbs. She's tall but pretty sleek.

#10 emmysheep

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Misha is just 9 months and she weighs 55 lbs. She is tall though. Do labs keep growing after this age? Can we expect her to still get bigger?

#11 Maffrew

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

Bella is approaching 2 years old and although she only weight about 29kg/63lbs, she's a short lab so still looks quite stocky. We love her that way though :D

#12 Carolyne

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:Labs. Reading (Bill Bryson, Tom Clancy and Andy McNab). Camping. Visiting the Highlands.

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:21 AM

Tessa weighs in at 34kg. She is a short legged Lab and has always looked stockier than her siblings/surrounding labs. She's lost some weight recently as we have changed her diet.
Carolyne

#13 mike hall

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:My dog, my fiance (not in any particular order), holidaying

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Summer is exactly 1 year old and she weighs 25 kg. She is the smallest of 11 siblings. Have seen a golden lab in todays papers that weighed 11 and 1/2 stones. The owner was prosecuted and fined 1170. Have tried to attatch pic.

Attached Files

#14 Eve of Mendenhall

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

I have two female labs. One is English style and one is American even though the were sisters from the same litter. They are now almost seven and Eve (my English girl) wights 98 pounds and is over weight while Abby (my American girl) is 103 pounds and is underweight even though she eats like a horse.

#15 f1dotcom

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:19 AM

Zorro is 2 years old (British GunDog bloodlines) and weighs in at 31kg / 68 pounds.

#16 Jack's Mom

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:01 PM

Jack is 1 1/2 and weighed 71 lbs. yesterday. He had gained 10lbs. in the last 5 months ( so he's still growing or at least filling out).

#17 ottertail49

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Field and stream stuff, my pal Gus ( black lab of course).horses and fishing.

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

#18 violent_storm2000

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:25 AM

In answer to the OP. D.O.G is a lab dobe mix, and hovers between 50 and 55 kg/ 110 and 120 lbs. Depending on how often I am able to get out and jog.

Syler is a lab chow mix, and stays around 34 kg/ 75 lbs.

What is the deal with stones? How did that measurement come about?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."

Posted Image

#19 Doug and Mary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs and a wish for world peace.

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

What is the deal with stones? How did that measurement come about?

11 and 1/2 stone = 161lbs

Doug & Mary
THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS, ONLY BAD PEOPLE

#20 cyclops

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Animal Rights, crocheting, jewelry making, any artistic endeavors

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

Ringo is about 65 lbs., I thought he was small but the vet said he is just perfect. He is also English lab, hence, Ringo!
RINGO'S MOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users