WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KRISTY

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HAVE FUN AND PLAY WITH MY PUPPY MISSY AS MUCH AS I CAN.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

OK MY LAB MISSY WAS OUTSIDE PLAYING AND I WAS WATCHING HERE REALLY GOOD WELL SHE FOUND SOME TINFOAL AND HAD IT IN HER MOUTH AND BEFORE I COULD GET OFF THE POURCH TO HER SHE HAD ALREADY SWALLOWED IT. I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS GOING TO KILL OR WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. I THINK I'M GOING TO CALL HER VET TOMORROW AND MAKE SURE SHE IS FINE OR IF I NEED TO BRING HER IN TO BE CHECKED. I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT YOU ALL THOUGHT ABOUT IT. SHE DOESN'T REALLY USE THE BATHROOM NOW AS IT IS. EITHER SHE USES IT AND EATS IT WHICH IS GROSS IF SHE DOES OR I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. SOME DAYS SHE USES IT AND SOMEDAYS SHE DON'T. PLEASE JUST HELP ME AND GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN PLEASE AND THANKS ALOT. sad.gif unsure.gif
IPB Image

#2 Heather

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:Black Lab's, Saabs, Kids, rescue dogs, Abyssinian cats, goldfish, reading, geek's geek, living in the wilderness,volvo's, fishes, camping, photography, art, music & writing eat up my time.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:42 AM

She will likely pass the foil. Depends how much it was too. The smaller the amount the more likely she will pass it on her own.. the vet might like to see her.. see if they can feel it .. to check that it's moving along.. might spend a bit of time in her tummy first tho.. as the stomach tries to digest it.. she might even barf it back up as tinfoil I suspect will give her a acid tummy.. I would go easy on the food for the next few days.. her throat might be sore after eating and barfing tinfoil if that does happen.

My lab's got into the trash last nite.. (more details in my blog) think they were after the ham wrappings from Christmas.. they seem fine and I don't think they did much more than lick the ham juices.. which were from a smoked ham... hopefully they will only have a upset tummy.. I am thinking seriously about the doggy health insurance now.. A good time as any to remind people to watch out at this time of year.. for the extra wrapping paper and stuff in the trash.... and to keep those lids closed.. so the pups can't explore and get into wrapping a paper frenzy and mischief!
-- Greetings from, Heather, Duke & Minnie !!
"Learning for all animals is a lifetime commitment. Just as education for humans does not end with a high school diploma or a college degree, so the graduation certificate after eight weeks of training class does not end Flash's brush with scholarship. Dogs learn constantly, but they may not be learning the things you planned to teach."
Norma Bennett Woolf --from a Dog Trainer's Guide

#3 pam

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:25 AM

My standard poodle ate the whole piece of tinfoil from the turkey once --- probably a whole square foot of it --- and she was fine. She threw up some of it and the rest she passed without much fuss and, if memory serves, relatively little diarrhea.

Keep us posted!
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats" ~The Wind in the Willows

#4 IanWilkinson

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:Black Labradors! - Dolphins! Music, Walking and the great outdoors, Golf, Ufology, Reading, Photography, Cooking, the study of life after death (don't know what 'ology' that would be!) I'm married to Sylvia with 2 grown up children and am a Station Officer in Fire and Rescue. I'm 54. I'm a 1956 Aston Martin. I'm (so people tell me) still looking very good for my vintage (all me own - mostly brown - hair, and my original teeth!!) - As a 1956 model I'm still quite sporty, but the bodywork has seen better days, the piston rings are a bit worn and the paint job is a little dull!!.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:29 PM

Yes....let us know how things come out; keep us in the flow...whether things are happening, or even if you're going through the motions...
...PHOEBE'S PET HUMAN

#5 Heather

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:Black Lab's, Saabs, Kids, rescue dogs, Abyssinian cats, goldfish, reading, geek's geek, living in the wilderness,volvo's, fishes, camping, photography, art, music & writing eat up my time.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:56 PM

Ian your hilarious.. even if you meant it in all seriousness.. the way it's worded it quite a hoot.. wink.gif
-- Greetings from, Heather, Duke & Minnie !!
"Learning for all animals is a lifetime commitment. Just as education for humans does not end with a high school diploma or a college degree, so the graduation certificate after eight weeks of training class does not end Flash's brush with scholarship. Dogs learn constantly, but they may not be learning the things you planned to teach."
Norma Bennett Woolf --from a Dog Trainer's Guide

#6 IanWilkinson

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:Black Labradors! - Dolphins! Music, Walking and the great outdoors, Golf, Ufology, Reading, Photography, Cooking, the study of life after death (don't know what 'ology' that would be!) I'm married to Sylvia with 2 grown up children and am a Station Officer in Fire and Rescue. I'm 54. I'm a 1956 Aston Martin. I'm (so people tell me) still looking very good for my vintage (all me own - mostly brown - hair, and my original teeth!!) - As a 1956 model I'm still quite sporty, but the bodywork has seen better days, the piston rings are a bit worn and the paint job is a little dull!!.

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Heather @ Dec 27 2006, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ian your hilarious.. even if you meant it in all seriousness.. the way it's worded it quite a hoot.. wink.gif

....I just meant that things have a habit of working themselves out. I'm certain that Missy will be fine and that this mess will soon be behind her...
...PHOEBE'S PET HUMAN

#7 pam

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

LOL! I love it.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats" ~The Wind in the Willows

#8 violent_storm2000

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

Oh that was good.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users