• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bruno2014

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

Attached File  f64d3c60ae806bb1130816d88f4aeecea36e10779ad2fe45080db55b1a1b77b6.jpg   65.04K   6 downloadsAttached File  e1b2fa4d978fb7f3865afa435546a2255b6e95c2074bf43fdb1b7262bda9f555.jpg   55.98K   7 downloadshallo,I am new to this site,and my english is pretty poor,sorry about that...

i am not sure is my lab pure bread,i will upload some pictures ,so you experienced lab owners can tell me your opinion

my black lab is about 2 months old and weights 5 kilos (11 lbs) is that normal?when i read about puppies,that normal weight at 8 weeks is 11-17lbs i was worried becuse my lab was 8.5 lbs at 8 weeks,,and still lacks...please help :D

#2 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

A lot of your dogs weight has to do with what you are feeding him and what his genetics are. Are you feeding your dog a puppy type of dog food? One that has higher nutritional value just for puppies?  Not all dogs grow at the same rate because of reasons I mentioned above. Just feed your dog a good food and give him plenty of play and exercise and he should be just fine.

You have had your dog to the veterinarian for a check up and a check for intestinal worms, haven't you?

Don't worry about your English, we understand you fine.

#3 bruno2014

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

A lot of your dogs weight has to do with what you are feeding him and what his genetics are. Are you feeding your dog a puppy type of dog food? One that has higher nutritional value just for puppies?  Not all dogs grow at the same rate because of reasons I mentioned above. Just feed your dog a good food and give him plenty of play and exercise and he should be just fine.

You have had your dog to the veterinarian for a check up and a check for intestinal worms, haven't you?

Don't worry about your English, we understand you fine.

I feed him pedigre junior,,,I must find then some other food...he had worms ,we fixed that problem,,he is very activ,likes to play,run...I hope that he will be ok.....thanks for  reply...

#4 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

It's pretty common for pups to have worms when they are young. The important thing is that you had them treated. Yes, do find a dog food that is made for Puppies and you'll be fine. And good luck and be happy with your new friend!

-Kurt

#5 Lunas_mom

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Walks, chickens, travel. reading.

I am pretty new with dogs.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

I am in a similar situation.  

Luna came here without papers but she looks like a black lab. (The shaggy dog is 100% mutt!)

I am curious how far off-standard Luna is.

I have a few more pictures in the gallery.

#6 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

From your photos I can't really tell a lot. But your dog does appear to have lab ears and coloring. Here is a link to the Labrador Breed Standard. You should be able to compare your dog to the standard.

http://www.akc.org/d...iever/#standard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users