• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bahi

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

I went through tons of sites, books & documents which claim that raw food is far better for the health of our little friends. I'm not even talking about BARF, but raw meat (beef, buffalo, chicken, bunny, fish...etc) with their bones, skin, head & blood ONLY. No more vegetables or grains or any other kind of foods which dogs -as carnivors- are not created to eat.

I'm really confused especially when hearing about the sxxx dry food manufaturers ad to their recipes. Is it safe & healthier to switch to raw food?

#2 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

I went through tons of sites, books & documents which claim that raw food is far better for the health of our little friends. I'm not even talking about BARF, but raw meat (beef, buffalo, chicken, bunny, fish...etc) with their bones, skin, head & blood ONLY. No more vegetables or grains or any other kind of foods which dogs -as carnivors- are not created to eat.

I'm really confused especially when hearing about the sxxx dry food manufaturers ad to their recipes. Is it safe & healthier to switch to raw food?

Since you are a new member I have edited your post to "clean up" a word that some may find objectionable. This is a family website and we try to keep the language clean as there are kids reading this website too. Just a friendly reminder.

#3 thedogmaonline

Adult Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Feeding a raw diet is the best thing you can do. https://thedogmaonli...on_Process.html If you have any questions let me know. Thank you, thedogmaonline@gmail.com

#4 Raven's Mommy

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

We switched to raw about 2 months ago and Raven is thriving. She lost weight, got huskier. She is all muscle now. Shiny coat, white teeth no bad breath, no ear smells, etc.. Her poops are smaller and not stinky. I have to say it does take a committment and more time than simply scooping out the crappy food out of the bag (we used to feed a top brand). It is not difficult. Read, read, read. All meat is always raw. cooked bones are bad. Try these links. We live in Germany and can't wait to get back to the states, it will be much easier and cheaper there.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/
http://www.feedmydog.org/raw-dog-food-recipes/
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CarnivoreFeed-Supplier/

Good luck

#5 Lab X lover

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I have been feeding RAW for 3 months and I wish I known about it earlier. I have read you can put 2-5 yrs on the life of your dog when you feed raw and our boy is already 13. It is easy when you get everything figured out and have your months supply all sorted out (don't forget LAGE freeser space too) we have already noticed differences in our doy;

~ Nomore 'DOGGY' smell

~ bad breath at a minimum

~ his flatulance is gone

~ he is excited for his food NOW

I would reccomend this type of feed for any and every carnivor owner. Now our DOG is THRIVING instead of just SURVIVING :)

Research, research and research some more. Knowledge is POWER

#6 Mothergoose

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Definately worth the investment

#7 marymary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, swimming, boating

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

the jury was out with the raw diet. However , now I know it makes totally common sense! You don't have to be Thomas Paine to figure this one out. The pet industry hopes will continue to stay in the  dark??

go raw ! I am a fan!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users