• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alexmoore

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hi all. Bought a pedigree black lab yesterday . Let him choose us and he is absolutely adorable, the breeder did say however because he has a kink is his tail he would let him go for £100 cheaper (£350). He is so bubbly and is settling in wonderfully. Id just like to check if the kink in the tail can cause any complications in later life?

Kind regards

#2 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Did the breeder tell you how the kink got in there? It could also be a heredity defect.

I'd let a veterinarian look at your pup's tail. You just want to make sure that the kink doesn't cause any pain. It's always better to take a new pup into a vet for an evaluation anyway. They may find things that you haven't noticed, and it will ensure that you have a healthy pup on your hands. How old is your pup?

In some rare cases a kinked tail could be a sign of a hereditary problem with a pup. But having your veterinarian perform a in depth check up should rule anything like this out.

#3 Alexmoore

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hi,

He said he was born like it, he said it's got better as he's got older. He's 8 weeks. He doesn't seem to be in any pain whatsoever and it doesn't bother him to touch.
I think I may take him to the vets tomorrow to double check?

#4 admin

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

That sounds like what you should do. Whenever you acquire a new pup you should always have it examined by a good veterinarian. Sometimes tails can get kinked becauase there is limited room in the dog's womb and all that crowding from other pups can cause a kinked tail too.

Blacklabrador.com
Admin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users