• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gfunkregulate

Puppy Black Lab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

about a month ago i noticed a white colored wart above my dog's eye, I got it checked out through a vet and he said there is nothing to worry about.  WHAT A WASTE OF 50 bucks!  Like all of us, i love my dog and embarrassing to say, i do not have the money to take her to the vet anymore.

Today i noticed that white wart got a little bigger and now has become red, i have seen her try to scratch it once or twice but it does not seem to REALLY bother her.  what is REALLY important is i saw another wart on her genital area.  I have included the pictures, can anyone please tell me what is wrong and what the remedy is?  thank you all!

Attached Files

#2 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Sorry to say, I'd take that dog to another vet to have it examined and/or removed. Especially if it is growing in size. It may be nothing or it may be the start of a malignant tumor. You'll just have to find the money for the vet. You usually can't treat these things topically, they will need to be surgically removed. Fortunately removal is not that expensive.

Around here our vet charges $200 for the first growth, and $25.00 for each additional growth removed during the same surgery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users