Photo

Please Update Your Dog Tags When Needed!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

First thing this morning I received a phone call from a neighbor asking me for advice about a stray dog that took up residence on her front porch after a major thunderstorm. She didn't know what to do. So I went over to see what she had and if I could help.

What I found was an approximately 6-7 years old female black lab. And she was injured too. She was limping on her back leg and he left eye appeared to be injured very badly. Incidentally a few hours before she turned up on a road not 200 feet from the house where she was there was a major car accident at 2:00am. I wondered if she could have been a victim from the car accident?

She was wearing a collar and a name tag that had a phone number. Her name was "Wendy". I called the phone number and it was a disconnected number. I called several vets in the area to see if she was one of their patients. No luck there. I knew if I took her to the county shelter she'd be euthanized as they don't take in injured dogs. Wendy seemed to be very friendly and just had a "please help me" look on her face. I tried my best.

While I was researching where this dog could probably have come from the woman who had the dog on her porch husband came home and called  the county shelter and they came and picked her up and euthanized her. Just as I had heard back from a no kill shelter that said to take her to their veterinarian for medical attention.

If only that phone number on her tag would have been updated this poor dog would not have come to such a miseable end. So please if your phone number or address changes PLEASE update your dog's ID tag with the new information and if your dog is microchipped please update that information as well. Your dog's life may depend on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users