Photo

2016 Dog Food Recall List

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Anything aviation and dog training.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Here is the latest list of dog food recalls by the FDA in the United States:

http://www.fda.gov/a...als/default.htm

This link will be updated monthly so it will always be current. This list automatically updates the first

week of every month.

And some companies continue over and over again appearing on this list. Shame on them! And if you look closely there are some major name brand dog foods being recalled. These companies ought to know better!

#2 TraceyD

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:motherhood, animals and gardening

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yikes, sometimes I really consider feeding raw.  Then I worry about the risk of contamination there, too.

My brother in law feeds Taste of the Wild and will not hear any of this when I tell him.  For as much time and money and training and love that he pours into his hounds I can't understand it.  They compete in nite hunts (one is a grand nite champion)  and they are beautiful and well cared for dogs but he feeds them dangerous crap. Go figure.

#3 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

We lost a black lab at 5 years of age due to the melamine poisoning in 2007-2008. It was terrible. We were feeding him Natural Balance dog food, which was supposed to be very good. The worst part is that we were feeding him what killed him in the end.

And of course Natural Balance is a product of Diamond, the worst dog food manufacturer around. They have had foods on the FDA recall list continuously for the past five years. Somebody should shut them down for good.

There is now some talk that Purina's Beneful is killing dogs now too. I'm trying to substantiate this before I report it. You know, it seems all these companies come out with glossy television commercials to try to get you to believe that there food is great, when in reality it's some of the worst!

#4 buckshot

Senior Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Heck I don't know what to buy my dog anymore. I don't wanna hurt him! what kind of dog food do ya'll buy?

#5 marymary

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, swimming, boating

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

we just started mixing in some raw food in with the commercial. Our goal is to transition them off commerical 100%. it is very scary

#6 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Feeding a RAW diet is safe if you follow safe food handling protocols.

Here are a few of them.

Make sure any container that you are going to store food in has been washed in very hot water.

Immediately after preparing the food either feed it to your dog or put it in refrigerated storage.

You can make up to three day supply at a time, but make sure it is stored properly in a container with an airtight lid.

Do not store RAW food diet meat at room temperature.

Warm the food to room temperature before feeding it to your dog.

Wash the storage container again in very hot water before putting in a new batch.

A lot of people who have problems with the RAW diet usually let the food container sit out overnight or don't wash the container before refilling it.

#7 Kurt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

We feed our dogs California Natural dry dog food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users