Can I feed my lab baby carrots

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Heather

Big Black Lab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:Black Lab's, Saabs, Kids, rescue dogs, Abyssinian cats, goldfish, reading, geek's geek, living in the wilderness,volvo's, fishes, camping, photography, art, music & writing eat up my time.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

It must be the amount of garlic.. I have found several dog cookie recipes on the internet and they have garlic as an ingriedient.. I have also seen some dog foods with it as well and pre-made cookies as well. I have read several places that say garlic is harmful.. I agree about the chocolate.. a hershey kiss is not enough to kill a dog.. maybe just give him an upset tummy and lose stool. . Most places suggest using carob instead of chocolate for dogs.. MMMMMMM Carob.. I also had trouble finding chix bouillon without garlic and onions already in it.. I did find a kind that is al natural.. with just chicken no garlic and no onions added in for flavor.. So we are going to use that for making doggy biscuits this holiday season. if you want me to tell you the brand.. let me know. I also have a document file with all kinds of dog cookies.. I think it is too big to post here. Email me if you would like it.. some of the recipes do have garlic and broccoli etc.. in them. but you could just omit them..and substitute them for something else.. smile.gif Also.. since raisins are shrivled grapes these are bad as well.. not sure if I posted this originally.. but just in case I didn't. Also if you make your kids homeade play-do.. it usually calls for cream of tartar. This is also bad for dogs.. Cream of tartar is created during the fermentation of grapes.. when going from a juice to a wine. Hence bad for dogs... Not sure about the store bought stuff if it has it or not.. Play dough hasn't seen fit to put a recipe online in my knowledge. hskoconnor@gmail.com
-- Greetings from, Heather, Duke & Minnie !!
"Learning for all animals is a lifetime commitment. Just as education for humans does not end with a high school diploma or a college degree, so the graduation certificate after eight weeks of training class does not end Flash's brush with scholarship. Dogs learn constantly, but they may not be learning the things you planned to teach."
Norma Bennett Woolf --from a Dog Trainer's Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users